What a broken December. Let me list the ways.
- The plumber had to be called three separate times for broken pipes and a cracked water heater drain.
- The washing machine is having issues and throwing up warning lights.
- The Dishwasher has stopped working
- The gas fireplace refuses to light.
- I took a day off of work to go to the doctor, but went to the wrong location on the wrong day and had to take off another day.
- Two companies I had hoped would hire me went with someone else. I’ve now been unemployed for nine months.
- The health insurance bill is due for the first quarter of next year.
- My Ford Explorer got stranded on the icy roads and I had to walk home.
- Not one, but two unexpected and expensive trips to the mechanic to replace my car’s brakes, tires, shocks, emergency break and thermostat cover.
- My wife’s van spent two days in the shop for maintenance
This month has been defined by unexpected bills and brokenness. Everyday I get some kind of news that makes me sigh and stoop my shoulders a little lower. It’s as if someone has it out for me and wants me to feel constant despair and defeat.
The good news is today is a new day. As depressing as this month has been…today isn’t yesterday. Today nothing has broken. Today nothing has backfired. It’s up to me to decide how I want to react to the events of today. It’s up to me to make today a great day. It’s also up to me to make today a bad day. My choice. I hope I make the right one…and I hope you do too.